Senior goalkeeper Seth Erdman recorded a career-high eight saves Thursday in the Terriers soccer team’s 1-0 loss to the Dartmouth Big Green in round one of the NCAA College Cup.

After he set the new personal record and didn’t allow a goal for more than 100 minutes, the opponent was able to get the ball past the 6’2 keeper in the second round of overtime. Erdman previosuly set a career-high on October 14 when he saved six attempts from the Saint Francis Red Flash.

The Terriers ended their season (12-5-3, 6-0-1 NEC) and the Big Green improved to (9-4-5, 5-1-1 IL), advancing to the second round of the Cup where they will take on the Syracuse Orange.

The Big Green’s point was the first goal allowed by the Terriers since their 2-1 loss to the George Washington Colonials on September 28. Following that game, the Terriers played nine consecutive contests without allowing a goal, achieved home field advantage in the NEC Tournament and won the NEC Championship with a double overtime goal against the Red Flash.

Before Thursday, the Terriers had won every game since entering conference play on October 7, with the exception of a 0-0 tie with the Bryant Bulldogs on October 30.

The Big Green’s game-winning goal came in the 104th minute, as senior midfielder Alexander Marsh delivered a cross pass to junior midfielder Matt Danilack, who sent a low shot into the goal’s right corner.

The Terriers fired five shots towards the Big Green’s keeper. Senior forward Yussuf Olajide and junior defender Dominick Falanga blasted one each and senior midfielder Salvatore Barone went in for three shots.

The Big Green attempted to score 12 times before the game-winning goal.

Erdman ended the season with 45 saves, while junior goalkeeper Roberto Bazzichetto finished with 26.

Olajide scored a team high six goals during his final season, just ahead of Barone who recorded five goals and two assists.

Falanga contributed three goals as well as a team-high six assists. Senior defender Collyns Laokandi netted two goals and another three assists.

The Terriers will return to the field in August 2017.