By Josh Lynch

Playoff season is underway for St. Francis Terriers Men’s basketball as they head over to Moon Township, PA Wednesday night to face Robert Morris at 7 p.m.

Coming into their first postseason game of the season, the Terriers stand as the number 4 seed; Robert Morris is cited as the 5th seed.

Leaving a bad taste in the Terriers’ mouths, Robert Morris defeated the Terriers 66-63 in a Championship game 4 years ago to claim the 2015 NEC tournament to advance into the NCAA tournament.

In both teams facing twice this regular season, Robert Morris managed to escape both games with wins. Both losses for the Terriers were only by an average of 5 points. On January 10, Robert Morris came out on top 52-49. On February 23, Robert Morris defeated the Terriers 67-62.

This game now marks the 8th time in 9 seasons that the Terriers have qualified for the NEC tournament under coach Glenn Braica. The Terriers are 12-29 all time in the NEC-Tournament, only competing three times in the NEC Championship round.  

The Terriers are 30-48 all-time against Robert Morris, and Wednesday’s game will determine which team will advance to the next round.

ESPN predictions marks down the Terriers with a 30.0 percent chance of winning against a Robert Morris team with a 70.0 percent chance.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *